Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Shower of Gifts

Recently (September) I participated in an online Swap. Thanks to Wendi of Because Wendi Said So. It was my first swap. Pretty simple - swap your favorite things. I had the best swap partner. Wendy at a View From The Grove - you have to look at her blog - the scenery is amazing.... Anyway. Wendy is from Utah. Ward wants to know if we could swap houses for a week. (Must be many fly-fishing locations in Utah!) The boys had as much fun as I had opening the package.
Wendy my swappie (is that a word?) Sent me 5 of her favorite things based on the 5 senses.

Sound - the Mama Mia sounds track. I have not seen the movie - she says it is a must. I have seen the Broadway play and was dancing in the aisle. But what is best about this gift is the memories it brings me. I grew up with a mother who loved music. And ABBA was one of her favorites. My best memories are of us singing at the top of our lungs Dancing Queen. I am sure she would be happy to know that my boys and I are now singing it at the top f our lungs.

Smell- amazing hand soaps from Bath and Body and in honor of the fall yummy Pumpkin scents. My boys love it. They can't wait to wash their hands. I have a bottle all my own in my bathroom.

Taste - Sees chocolates - ohhhh - yummy yummy.

Sight - A great book to read - one I have not read before. I love to read and can't wait to start this one.

Touch - the most beautiful handmade notecards. They are so nice, I think I would rather frame them than mail them. Maybe I will frame some and use the others - I should share with others.

BUT most of all the items were wrapped perfectly. It was such a pleasure to share with someone so far way a little of their life.

Thank you so much Wendy and let me know about the house swap! hehe

Bring out the Package



Great practice for Christmas



The Excitement of the Nicely Wrapped Favs


All My Loot





post signature