Monday, April 26, 2010

Steeplechase








Many years ago when I was pregnant with Gage we attended the Queenscup Steeplechase in Waxhall with the Fosters. We had a wonderful time. I have always loved horses and there is nothing like seeing them race. I always have tears in my eyes when they gallop by for the first race of the day. Corny, I know, but true. Anyway, after that first race years ago we purchased a PSL for the annual race. The last few years we have been unable to attend and have shared the space with friends. But this year we made plans early and decided to treat the entire family to a day of tailgating and racing.

It was a great day for racing, a little overcast and a nice cool breeze. The boys had a wonderful time. They were so well behaved and enjoyed tailgating, playing football, tailgating, and then tailgating some more. I always enjoy the people watching as much as I enjoy the horse racing.


These horses were Ward's growing up. Davis loves to play with the horses as well as the barn. He carried at least a horse or two for the entire race.

The rain held off until the 6th and final race. Which we watched from the warmth of our car! The boys were wiped out! Davis and Truman were sounds asleep before we even pulled out of the farm! They all woke up Sunday morning asking if we can go again next year.



post signature