Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quickie to Charleston

The Saturday after New Years day Ward and I decided to take a quick little trip to Charleston, one of my all time favorite places. I still miss it after having moved away years ago. It was a beautiful day and the boys as always were excited about a road trip! We arrived mid day and Ward sent me off to Kings Street for a little shopping while he and the boys played at the Children's Museum. Truman loved it - they had a make believe grocery store where he shopped and shopped and then got to CHECK OUT - complete with his own receipt. The highlight of his trip, he carried the receipt around in his back pocket.

We stayed at a hotel which was part of the old Citadel School. I love how much history is in one town. They had a awesome brick wall in the room that the boys enjoyed playing on - who needs toys!!

Enjoying a sippy of milk and a "check in" cookie!

Cool man Gage

We headed out to Hanks for dinner - one of my favorite seafood places.

Gage enjoying a huge bowl of ice cream

The next morning it was freezing. But the boys had their hearts set on a carriage ride through downtown.
The "kids"


Not much of a history buff, Tru took a little nap. While Gage asked me if I lived in Charleston when the pirates where there. Yes, I am old but not that old dear!

We warmed up after with lunch at the Noisy Oyster.

And of course a trip to the best candy store around.

The best way to guard your candy from your brothers while you sleep is to keep your hand in the bag!



post signature