Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Girls weekend away!


In late July some girlfriends and I head to Charleston for the weekend. We left early Friday morning with the promise not to return until after all the kids were in bed on Sunday night.

We stayed in the heart of downtown Charleston. It was a hot as possible so after a nice lunch after we arrived, we did what all wild women do without their children - we napped until dinner. We had a great meal at one of my favorite low country restaurants - Hanks. Some of the best peel and eat shrimp!





On Saturday we headed to the Isle of Palms to sit on the beach. Which we did until after the sun went down. It was so nice not to have to pay attention who was in the water, and I was thankful that the girls did scream when they wanted to read the same magazine!! From time to time I would yell out Mommy - just so that none of us would get to spoiled.

(not a flattering picture I know, but we have this thing about taking pictures of ourselves. Leah is so much better at it - I think she has longer arms)

(I think she has a picture of me in this same pose, we didn't even get up to take pictures)
After sleeping in really late on Sunday (9 am!!!) We headed back to IOP to pick up some hermit crabs for the kiddos. And then made our way back to G'town. Not too long before bedtime. The boys had a good "Guys Weekend" I understand there were a lack of naps, late bedtimes, few showers and many meals eaten in boxer shorts!





post signature