Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letter to Gage





Dear Gage:

Today you graduated from Kindergarten. You stood before family and friends to pledge allegiance to not only the American flag but also the Christian flag and to the Bible as you put your kindergarten year behind you. Of course in a time like this words will never express just how proud I am of you son. You are our first born and therefore we will be able to experience many first with you. By the time Tru graduates from kindergarten we will be experts.

You would be mad at me, I am sure for I became misty-eyed, but in your honor I held back my tears as you marched down the aisle in your gown with such the serious look on your face and head held high in pride. Gage it was only yesterday that your father and I brought you home and wonder of wonders figured out how to change your diaper. Now you come home eager to move on to first grade. I am not a mom that wants to keep you little forever, heavens no... I simply want to cherish each moment knowing that one day in the blink of an eye you will be wearing your cap and gown and marching off to college.

So I will remind myself to give you an extra push on the swing, another lap around the neighborhood on your bike, a few minutes past bed time matters not in the grand scheme and on those days when you really don't want to hold my hand, I will still grab yours and hold tight because sweetheart it was only yesterday that you were my 6 pound 7 ounce new born baby boy, today you graduated from kindergarten and by tomorrow it will be your senior year and chances are I will cry.

All my heart is yours now and forever!

I love you Gage,

Mommy



post signature